Monday, January 5, 2009

Doing Well!

Finally, I can get to the Internet! I can't believe Verizon, we won't have a land line or Internet until Jan 12th! That is just crazy! Don't they know blogging is my therapy??? Now that I think of it, we probably should have demanded a land line sooner considering Angelina's needs. Good thing we have good reception on our cell phones. So I'm here at my sister's house, Auntie Betsy, playing on her computer.
Thanks Auntie Sasa & Auntie Betsy for keeping the blog current. I just got to read all the wonderful comments everyone has left, they made me get teary eyed.
Angelina is actually doing wonderful. I'd say she was probably about 98% herself today. Calling for me, demanding attention, playful, walking around the furniture. I think I grimace more than she does. I can't believe she's barely going to be a week out of her surgery and she's acting all honky-dory! She is truly amazing. Of course I think Dr. Bailey and all the nurses are amazing too!
Angelina had her post op appointment today. The drain needs to stay in for at least another week. Which is fine with me, I'd rather do that than have to come back in to get it put back in. Her sats on room air were 91% ! This is great for Angelina, before surgery she was barely being able to keep herself in the 80s, usually running 75-78% the last month. She's still on oxygen for now, just 1/2 a liter which puts her up to 99%.
She's not eating too great, but thankfully we still have her G-tube, so I've been supplementing with Pediasure. Slowly though her appetite is coming back.
So here's a few pics, taken with my phone camera. I actually just found my camera, so I'll have better pics soon.


On Jan 1st getting ready to go home. Her paci, is definitely her comfort zone. She would hide behind it.

All set to go home!

Friday, Jan 2nd, waking up at home. She was standing herself up since the night she got home! Crazy girl! Doesn't that hurt?

Jan 2nd, just cruising around

Jan 3rd, after a nice bath- time for a massage!
Thank you all for all your prayers and positive thoughts. Thank you to all my family who is always so supportive. I don't think I could make it without you! Thank you to everyone who has extended an act of kindness towards us.

9 comments:

Kristine said...

Your little Angelina is SO beautiful!! Every time you post a photo it makes me smile. :) I'm very, very happy to hear that she is well on her way to a great recovery. A great start to the new year!!

Kristine & Family

Unknown said...

Wait....your home. That is wonderful! So let me get this straight...she still has a chest tube in?

From the pictures it looks like she is doing alot better. I just want to love on that precious baby girl of yours, so since i can't be there please give her some love from me! :)

meganiris said...

Ana,she does look wonderful. & I'm glad to hear you're doing great too. How are the other kids doing? I know you have your other blog, but that's a lot to keep up with. I just stick with the one. I don't know how you do it.

Tina:0) said...

She looks great! Isn't it amazing what they'll do right after surgery?! I know the night they extubated Vaeh (she was tubed for 2.5 days this time) I came back after dinner & she was sitting up - with 2 chest tubes still in!! AFter that she wasn't happy unless she was sitting up, even trying to pull herself up. I was a big baby with my surgery compared to her (lol)!! Hope the drain comes out soon & she's back to 100%!

JASMINE S.. said...

I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY SHE IS WAY BETTER! IT PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE! EVERYONE HERE IN HORIZON IS THINKING ABOUT HER AND YOUR FAMILY! AND BACK AT MY HOUSE TOO!! I HOPE I CAN SEE HER SOON! KEEP US UPDATED! =)

LOVE,
JASMINE

H.Sons said...

Ana, She looks great, I have been thinking about you and your family has been in my prayers. She has come so far and it is amazing how fiesty she is.
You are truly blessed to have such a strong girl.
Hang in there
Hannah

Kathy said...

ohhh...she's a rockstar for sure!
She's just like Isaac with that paci...what would they do without them??

You know...Isaac stayed on 1/2 a litre forever it felt like. They told me that some kids were just sensative like that (that one kiddo stayed on 1/8 a litre for a while).
I need to make some heart and fun shaped stickers for her cheeks...if you have to have the canula up the nose...you might as well look good!!!

I'm SO glad to hear that all is well. It's so amazing...these little kids...they all melt me heart!

Let me know if you need anything.
kathy

The Portas said...

Really, I cannot believe how amazingly quick she recovered! This must be a record or something...truly amazing! I had the same thought about her standing up right away...doesn't that hurt??

Give the sweet girl hugs for me! xoxo

Rachel Dominguez said...

What an amazing child. I can not get over how quickly she is recovering from open heart surgery. What a super star she is.

I'm so glad things are going well and it is so good to here that her stats are so high.

Love and Prayers,

Rachel