Thursday, January 15, 2009

Did she really have heart surgery??

Hello everyone, I know its been a while, but lately it seems like I fall asleep at the same time as my monkeys. So my quiet blogging time has been ZZZZZZZ time!
Keeping our new home clean, organized and unpacked keeps me busy. But I believe who keeps me most on my toes right now is Angelina. Honestly, this little girl acts like she never had surgery! She is all over the place! The new house is a tri-level, so it doesn't really have 3 stories, but 3 short sets of steps, ranging from 3 to 9 steps. These currently present no obstacle to Angelina. She goes up and down without a problem...no panting, no turning blue, no problem. If I'm in the kitchen she's following me around there. So we have designated a low drawer with things she can take in and out. If I'm outside watering, she's right out there with me, wanting to get wet and or dirty. She is eating more, talking more, and just all around more energetic.
She also has no attachments! As in no oxygen and no more drain- Woo Hoo!
Still on lots of meds, but hopefully these will decrease some on Monday after her Cardiology appointment. That Lasix has got her peeing like crazy! No fun when dealing with cloth diapers!
We have an Echo scheduled tomorrow, so hopefully only good news with that. I know I promised pictures but I haven't located my card reader...
Marcelina and Alex have adapted well to the new house. They got a big playroom, which also means Mommy got a living room with NO TOYS! They seem to think this warm weather is enough to go in the pool- no way, it's not even heated!
Well, thanks for in checking on us, hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Okay, first of all - don't rub it in about "warm weather" - not fair!! Tell Marcelina & Alex they should come to Ohio right now... when you toss water into the air it immediately turns to ice crystals!! (predicted high of a balmy zero degrees today - yes that's farenheit!)

Isn't it amazing how they don't seem to phased by MAJOR surgery?! I think my surgery took me back more than Vaeh's do her!

Give her hugs from us!

The Portas said...

Wow, what an amazing little girl! This is such very good news to hear. I'm so glad things have gone so well and also that you all are enjoying your new home.

Have a great weekend! oxox

p.s. Where do you live again? "Warm weather"??? Can I come visit?

Shelley said...

I can't believe how well she's doing! That is great! I am glad she got over ignoring you and is loving exploring her new house!!!

Unknown said...

What an amazing report! I'm so glad you all are doing good and enjoying the new house. Can't wait to see pictures!

Rachel Dominguez said...

Great report. Congrats on the new house and especially the no toys in the living room. Boy would I love a play room in my house.

Anyway-glad things are going well. Cant wait to see new photos.

Rachel