Monday, October 27, 2008

So we saw Dr. Bailey today. He is Angelina's CT surgeon. Not only is he well known in his field (performed Baby Fae's baboon heart transplant 26 years ago yesterday) but he must be one of the kindest surgeons I know. He never down plays my questions, he gives me the honest truth without sugar-coating it. Yet I feel reassured by him. I've heard nurses say that no matter how well or how much he does and succeeds, he doesn't take credit for it. Instead he is thankful that his hands are tools for HIM. He is humble through it all and gives all credit to the Lord.
He is never rushed when he sees us. He always has a special twinkle in his eyes. He manages to sweet talk Angelina, reassure me, and chat with little Alex. I am so greatful that we have him.
Like I had mentioned before, our date is set for December 30th. Angelina is sooooo close to walking. She wants us to hold her hands and walk her everywhere. Once you get her started you can't get her to sit down. I am so proud of her.
I am almost afraid to say we are staying healthy right now. We've all gotten our flu shots and Angelina's started her synergis shots. Little Alex has been fighting a cold, he's such a trooper, he swears he's not sick.
My last bit of news is bad. My hubby got laid off a little over a week and a half ago. We are trying to stay positive. So while he looks for something new, I will be picking up extra shifts at work. Thank goodness there's overtime available at work. It does bum me out though. 1st because the economy is so bad right now, that I do hope he finds something soon. 2nd, I don't want to be too tired for my babies. We have our routine, and while I may complain about the running around...it's what I do. I'm the Mommy, I take care of my monsters.
So thanks for checking in on us.... and keep us in your prayers.

4 comments:

The Portas said...

I'm praying for you guys. I know this must be a tough time all around, emotionally, financially, etc., but just keep in mind that things always work out somehow. My hubby isn't getting much work at all right now and it's really hard on us. Somehow, though, God always provides! Hang in there. We will send prayers and love your way! xoxoxoxo

Tina:0) said...

I agree with Megan - God always provides! He has brought our family through so many trials... He is in control!

I'm marking the date on my calendar - we'll be keeping you all in our prayers!

Kathy said...

I wish we could buy a resort...all put our money together...and live together. Heart babies, DiGeorge babies, g-tube babies...and all the mama's and dad's and brothers and sisters...just spreading the love~

oh my...can you tell I was a product of the WoodStock Generation~!??

You know that you will be in our prayers. What a blessing though...that you are able to take extra shifts.

Now...show your sweet hubby how to do the blog and tell him to upload pics for us!!!

love to you all,
kathy

Sherri said...

You are definitely in my prayers!!