Monday, September 29, 2008

Speech Therapy please!

So I'm a little annoyed. As you may, or may not know speech delays & impairments are a big issue for VCFS kids. I've been anxious for Angelina to get speech therapy started and was excited when her Dr. wrote a prescription for her to get it x3 a week.
So first I approached Inland Regional (California's early start program) and guess what? They have no money to authorize new therapies this year. They already provide us with physical therapy and occupational therapy and a teacher that comes to the house....so I should not be too bitter. But I'm not asking for something just for fun. Angelina truly needs it.

Next we figure ok we'll go through our health insurance. Guess what? They only pay for 14 sessions a year! That's crazy! Going 3 times a week she'll be done in a little over a month. Sure we are almost done with the year but it will be the same case come January. I know I could maybe space them out a little. Even if we went twice a week it still wouldn't even last us 2 months.

I'm going to check back with Inland Regional....maybe they found some money. If that doesn't work I'll have to find a way to appeal it.

On a good note, Angelina and I are feeling much better. I'm hardly coughing and Angelina is just a little snotty.

I wanted to share this cute video. On Friday mornings we babysit my nephew for just a few hours in the morning. Angelina thought she'd be nice and share her pacifier....then couldn't get it back. She even goes to her big brother for help but he is too busy being goofy. By the way this is from 2 weeks ago...we weren't sharing cooties!


Oh yes and today is our wedding anniversary...8 years! Love ya Babe!












Weren't we cute?

Please also say a little prayer for lil Orion who just had the Glenn yesterday!

6 comments:

Tina:0) said...

At least she has a slight concept of sharing:0)! Too cute!

As for the speech therapy problem... I'm suprised that you get 14! A lot of insurance companies limit it to 20 visits combined with OT per year! Maybe an appeal with a letter of med. necessity would help you get more visits approved?! Otherwise see if you could do private therapy with the 14 visits spaced out & have them give you a really good home program!

BTW - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Kathy said...

First...how cute...that video was just precious!!!

Now..you think you're mad about speech. Isaac doesn't even babble yet...he's 18 months old (Angelina's age)...and he only gets speech through our early intervention program once a quarter!! Are they kidding me?? I haven't even had the strength to call the insurance company yet....urrghh...

Wish I had some advice on that one...

Happy Anniversay!!!

Glad to hear your cooties are going away. I'm STILL coughing!

Tawny, Bo and Orion Aye said...

omg that video is hilarious! she is such a little rascal. can't wait for the kiddos to hang out and play together! thanks for all the prayers too. AND happy anniversary!!!

Tawny, Bo and Orion Aye said...

we are starting early start as soon as orion's healthy. and i got a letter in the mail that as of jan 1 09 we have to start paying for services??? depending on your income and size of family, but even still! i thought these were free state services....anyway, good luck receiving services! i think all of these kids can benefit from it!

Sherri said...

I would try to do speech once a week and make sure they give you things to work on during the week.

CC said...

Hugs hugs hugs!!!!!!!!!! I"m a blogging Speech Pathologist. I don't know if any of my ideas or posts will help (since I work with elementary aged kids), but you can check them out and see. That is almost sick that there is no more "money" for EI!? The state will just end up paying more if all those kids need extra therapies at school age!