Thursday, May 22, 2008

A new beginning

Wow! It's been a while, but here we are, 2 surgeries later with a little monkey who is all over the place! Thanks for visiting us on our new blog. Angelina is now 14 months old, she is a spunky and very happy little girl. I still can't help but look at her and think "Wow! You are an amazing little fighter!"

Cardiac-wise Angelina has done great. It's good to see her cardiologist smiling after her echos (heart ultrasound). While she's not walking yet, she's crawling, scooting and rolling everywhere! She's thinking about pulling herself to standing, but for now she's paused at pulling up to kneeling position. What keeps her happy and smiling right now? Her musical toys with buttons (not necessarily my favorite) and her brother and sister.

In my opinion lil Alex smothers her. He is always in her face kissing her, smiling at her and trying to get her to laugh. Whenever I call out for him to back off a little, he always replies, "But she likes it!" And sure enough she'll have a big smile on her face waiting for more!

Marcelina is mini-Mami. She is very protective of her. She tells me how to take care of her! "Mommy you have to wipe her nose very gently, just barely dab it," she tells me! When she comes home from school, its always, "How is Angelina today?"

We have 1 more surgery to go, sometime between when she's 18 to 24 months old. For now we are just getting stronger and bigger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Cathy Lucas and I am the president of babies so special and was wondering how you heard about our org.? I was checking my website and saw your address and went to visit it. Please email or call I'd like to talk to u. 760-987-6075 or babiessospecial@hotmail.com thanks

La Edna said...

Your little Angels are all so cuuuute! I love all of you.

Love tu tia,

La Edna

Anonymous said...

I talked to Camille and now know how you heard about babies so special!!!